Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Man deserts wife for demanding new clothes

Man deserts wife for demanding new clothes

TNN | Mar 2, 2022, 03.56 AM IST

Ahmedabad: When she asked her husband to buy new clothes because her old ones did not fit her any more, the last thing she expected was to be abandoned over this demand.

Filing a complaint of domestic violence against her husband and in-laws on Tuesday, a 38-year-old woman from Ghatlodia accused her husband of subjecting her to violence for dowry and abandoning her.

She told police, “I married a man from Patan on November 11, 2016. Soon after the marriage, my husband and my in-laws began torturing me. They would thrash me often asking for Rs 15 lakh in dowry.” Aggrieved by this, the woman had left her husband’s house on February 21, 2017 and filed a police complaint against him. During investigation, her husband and in-laws sought to arrive at a compromise over the issue. Convinced by the assurances they offered, the woman returned to his house on January 21, 2021. At the time, she realized that the clothes she had left behind was either torn or do not fit her any longer. So, she asked her husband to get her new clothes. “My husband took me to the market. He asked me to return to my parents’ place as he did not want to keep me and left me there,” she told police. tnn

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 20.09.2024