Saturday, February 13, 2021

He cleared CA to be a Jain monk!

He cleared CA to be a Jain monk!

Surat Boy Harsh Singhi To Embrace Monkhood In May

Bharat.Yagnik@timesgroup.com

Ahmedabad:13.02.2021 

There are stories galore of professionals giving up their corporate lives to become monks. But a Surat boy became a chartered accountant (CA) professional as a precondition to renounce the worldly pursuits.

Harsh Singhi, 25, who will take diksha from Bhakti Yogacharya Yashovijaysuriji Maharaj in May, said he had made up his mind to become a monk when he was in his teens.

“I have audited many account books but realized that we limit our thinking to material gains and losses only. Few carry out an audit of the ‘atma’ (soul) which actually transcends birth and death,” said Harsh.

Harsh said he got influenced quite early on in his life as his family is quite religious. “One day I came after listening to a spiritual discourse and told my elder sister about my wish to become a Jain monk. My father overheard this midnight conversation and next morning told me it was his wish that I become a CA. Then I was free to walk the path of my choice,” said Harsh.

Harsh said it was his father's attachment which led to put this pre-condition.


Harsh said he got influenced quite early on in his life as his family is quite religious

‘I’m honouring commitment to myself’

My father may have thought I will grow out of my idea of renouncing the worldly life. I decided to honour my father's wish and committed myself to clearing CA final exam,” says Harsh.

While he was giving CA exams, he again broached the topic of taking diksha with his father.

This time, he said sister Shreya's marriage was fixed and asked him to wait till the marriage was solemnized.

“Two days after the marriage took place, I discussed with my father. I had honoured all my promises, now it was time for me to honour my commitment to myself," said Harsh who says all humans need to do regular audits of their souls instead of focussing solely on their bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 20.09.2024