Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Rohtak’s doctor gets 82nd rank in UPSC

TNN | Apr 7, 2019, 11.44 AM IST


 

ROHTAK: For 25-year-old Aparajita Singh Sinsinwar of Kamal Colony, her 82nd rank in the UPSC results was no less than a surprise. Her mother Nita and father Amar Singh Sinsinwar are doctors and based in Bharatpur, Rajasthan.

“When I was 29-day-old, my maternal grandparents, who are retired teachers, brought me here in Rohtak and since then I have been raised here, studied here and even completed my MBBS from PGIMS Rohtak,” said Aparajita. She said everyone in her family was a doctor and she too went for MBBS due to family background in medical science but after completion of MBBS, she thought to give civil services a try. “I completed my MBBS in 2017 and started preparation and gave my first attempt in June, 2017, but was not successful. But I continued with persistence and again sat in UPSC exam in June 2018 and my hard work paid off,” said Aparajita, who is eldest among three siblings.

Her two younger brothers are also MBBS doctors. She said when the result was out on Friday, she checked it four times and asked other family members to confirm it. “The UPSC exam is very prestigious and one can not say with surity that one can attain such a good rank,” she added.

Giving credit to her maternal grandparents Sehaj Ram and Raj Dulari, she said they not only raised her and groomed her in academics but also helped their three daughters become doctor. “My grandfather did not have a son and my mother and aunties are also doctors. It was his vision to help girls achieve success in life,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 02.10.2024