Sunday, April 21, 2019

Single mother affected by polio motivates daughter to dream

TNN | Apr 20, 2019, 11.56 AM IST



Single mother and affected by polio, Satheeswari P, has just one dream — to see her daughter Om Sneha become an IAS officer. And Sneha, from the government girls high school in Ashok Nagar, took first steps towards that journey on Thursday. She topped the Class XII exams at her school and scored a centum in accountancy.

“My mother faced a lot of difficulties and I have always wanted to fulfil her dream. I want to become the youngest IAS officer and serve the country,” said Sneha who scored 577 out of 600.

Satheeswari was affected by polio when she was just a year old. Her father abandoned her even before she was born and her mother raised her alone.

“My family supported me till I got a job. I came to Chennai alone when I was 36 and did many odd jobs. Now I am an assistant section officer at Dr MGR Medical University. I have always taught her to be independent,” said Satheeswari.

Sneha said she was aware of the difficulties her mother aced and that motivated her the most. “I want to be the best daughter,” she said.

The girl said her teachers encouraged her to perform better.

“Though I topped, I feel that I let them down as I did not score a centum in commerce,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IAS reshuffle: Pradeep Yadav is secy to Udhaya

IAS reshuffle: Pradeep Yadav is secy to Udhaya  TIMES NEWS NETWORK 03.10.2024  Chennai : State govt on Tuesday carried out a reshuffle of se...