Monday, September 28, 2026

Soft by name, steely by nature: IAF doc posted in Knp secures NEET PG AIR 2

Soft by name, steely by nature: IAF doc posted in Knp secures NEET PG AIR 2

Arvind.Chauhan@timesofindia.com 28.09.2026

Lucknow: When the NEET PG 2026 results were declared on Sept 24, Sqn Ldr Pallakshi Prasad (28), a medical officer posted at Air Force Station Kanpur, drew widespread praise after securing All India Rank 2. 



Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS) Air Marshal Sandeep Thareja congratulated the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) alumna from the C3 batch, calling the result a proud moment for the Armed Forces Medical Services. 

For Pallakshi, whose name means “soft,” the achievement follows years of regimented preparation alongside demanding military postings. “I always knew I wanted to become a doctor,” she said, crediting her parents’support despite both being engineers. Born in Ranchi and raised in Hyderabad, she studied at Delhi Public School before clearing NEET UG 2016 with an All India Rank of 1,312 without taking a drop year. With limited options due to home-state admission rules, she applied to AFMC at her mother’s urging. Her mother, Shyamlee Prasad, is a practice head at Infosys. 

Pallakshi entered AFMC after securing girls’ merit rank 3 and later graduated sixth in overall merit in her batch. “I fell in love with the AFMC campus and everything it stood for. By the time I graduated, I didn’t feel like an outsider to the uniform anymore. Taking permanent commission was a natural decision,” she said. Commissioned into the Indian Navy on May 15, 2021, she served for nearly two and a half years as a medical officer on a warship before moving to the Indian Air Force in 2025.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 28.09.2026