Monday, March 23, 2020

‘Thanked you doctors, police’

23.03.2020

I am a dentist and I put on my scrubs and went to work in the morning. Every day we handle dental emergencies such as extractions. We have a thorough screening of patients and inform authorities whenever we come across people with a travel history.

At 1pm, I decided to do a small five-minute Bharatnatyam performance on Facebook Live wearing my scrubs as a tribute to healthcare workers and the police who are bravehearts. I choreographed the piece, where I emoted how the emergency services have been working in this time, how they check on those who are quarantined, how they treat people, how they follow up, and, in the end, I saluted them for their services. It was a personal experience that inspired me to do this – I was impressed by the beautiful way in which they did the follow-up for my uncle, who was in quarantine after returning from Australia. The dance was dedicated to healthcare professionals and essential services staff on the front lines. I salute you!

— Dr Sahana Selvaganesh, dentist

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 2.5.2024