Sunday, December 5, 2021

Save your bus ticket next time, you may get back lost items


Save your bus ticket next time, you may get back lost items

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bengaluru:  05.12.2021

Most BMTC passengers don’t keep their tickets with them after the journey; some even tear them while on board. But Whitefield resident Anjali S found out the benefits of retaining the ticket after she left a box of plants in the bus.

“I recently travelled by a Vayu Vajra bus from the airport. But I left the box of plants in the bus and realised only after I got down at Marathahalli. But I had the ticket with me which had the bus and depot numbers,” she said. “I connected with depot manager Wilson and sent him my ticket on WhatsApp. I got my box back the next morning.”

A senior BMTC official said if any passenger leaves anything in a bus and has the ticket, it will be easier for the authorities to track the vehicle and find the lost item.

This is not the first instance of BMTC passengers getting back items left behind. M Madhusudhan, a resident of Vidyaranyapura, said on November 22, his wife left her bag at the Esteem Mall bus stop. “BMTC recovered and returned jewellery and cash worth Rs 6.3 lakh. We were grateful to BMTC traffic controllers Prakash and Shamisab for this,” he said.

Woman thanks BMTC crew for safe ride at night

BMTC staff have been drawing praise from some passengers. Yogada Joshi, who travelled in a Vayu Vajra bus at night last month, recently took to LinkedIn to thank the bus crew for the safe journey.

“I was the only woman in the bus which had five other male passengers, the driver and conductor. Women usually feel unsafe in public transport but I took the bus because I thought it was much safer for odd-hour travel, thanks to rogue cabbie incidents reported every now and then along the KIA-city route… Throughout the journey, I sat happily. Finally, the bus arrived at my destination and here comes an experience showing care and concern: The conductor and driver peeped outside and saw that nobody was there yet to pick me up at midnight. They insisted upon waiting till my father came. I was touched. Appa arrived shortly and the bus left. I want to thank BMTC and Bengaluru city for making me feel happy and safe,” Yogada wrote.

Following this, BMTC honoured Parth Shetty, the bus conductor, and Ramachandra, the driver.

BMTC staff have been drawing praise from several passengers of late

A BMTC official said it will be easier for the authorities to track the vehicle and find the lost item if the passenger has bus ticket details

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEET PG 2024 Exam Pattern REVISED, NMC Issues Official Notice; Here’s All You Need To Know

NEET PG 2024 Exam Pattern REVISED, NMC Issues Official Notice; Here’s All You Need To Know The NEET PG 2024 is scheduled to take place on Ju...