Sunday, May 10, 2020

Shah clarifies on rumours, says he is perfectly healthy


Shah clarifies on rumours, says he is perfectly healthy

‘Felt Impelled To Explain Due To Concerns’

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

New Delhi:10.05.2020

Union home minister Amit Shah on Monday squelched the speculation that had swirled about his health by saying that he is fine and free of any disease whatsoever. “I want to make it clear that I am absolutely well and am not suffering from any disease,” Shah said in a tweet, poking fun at those behind the rumours about his medical condition.

“For several days, rumours have been spread about my health. Some people even took to Twitter to pray for my death. I did not deem it necessary to issue any clarification at a time because of my preoccupation with my job as home minister at a time when the country is battling a pandemic. Moreover, I also did not wish to be the killjoy for those who were gloating over their imagination (about my health),” said Shah.

He said that he felt impelled to scotch the rumours becauseof theconcernthey sparked among BJP cadre.

Rumours about Shah’s health started doing the rounds soon after the imposition of lockdown and refused to go away despite regular visuals of the home minister attending meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and others as well as accounts of his long hours in the office in the North Block. He spoke during the PM’s last interaction with CMs.

In the tweet laced with sarcasm, Shah said those fanning the rumours should desist because, as per Hindu beliefs, malicious lies about someone’s health actually work for the victim’s benefit. “I thank all those who have expressed concern . I don’t have any ill-feeling or prejudice towards the rumour-mongers,” said Shah.


For several days, rumours have been spread about my health. Some people even took to Twitter to pray for my death. I did not deem it necessary to issue clarification at a time because of my preoccupation with my job

AMIT SHAH
Union home minister

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 2.5.2024