Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Do not push me to rethink my decision on politics, says Rajini

Do not push me to rethink my decision on politics, says Rajini

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

12.01.2021

Chennai: Actor Rajinikanth has asked his fans not to push him any further to rethink his decision on not entering electoral politics by holding rallies.

“I have made my decision. Do not cause more and more anguish by organizing such rallies and trying to pressure me to enter politics. I have clearly explained in my statement why I am not entering electoral politics,” Rajinikanth said in a statement on Monday.

Rajinikanth’s statement came a day after a section of his fans held a rally at Valluvar Kottam here to urge him to take a relook at his earlier decision not to enter electoral politics.

In a statement on December 29, 2020, Rajinikanth had said that he was unable to enter electoral politics or launch a party owing to his health condition. Though initially shocked by his decision, a majority of his fans and Rajini Makkal Mandram (RMM) members grudgingly accepted the actor’s decision, since it was made based on his health condition.

Rajinikanth also expressed his anguish that some fans along with certain expelled RMM members came together to hold a rally on Sunday. It went against the decision of RMM, said the actor, thanking its members, who did not take part in the rally.

While expressing his displeasure over attempts to hold such rallies to push him more, Rajinikanth said he was happy with the way the rally on Sunday was organized, without causing hindrance to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 20.09.2024