Monday, June 29, 2020

First to recover, MBBS student helps patients battle stress


First to recover, MBBS student helps patients battle stress

Sajimon.PS@timesgroup.com

Alappuzha:  29.06.2020

On a rainy monsoon day in Alappuzha, he is busy at his home answering distress calls from strangers who are struggling to cope with the invisible threat of an unrelenting pandemic.

The 23-year-old MBBS student of Wuhan University was the second case of coronavirus reported in the country and the first to recover from the deadly disease. “I have just completed the sixth semester examination. Now, it is vacation time for us. I have been getting several calls from people who tested positive for Covid-19. They call me to get mental support and to clear their doubts,” said the youth.

He was admitted to hospital on January 30 on his arrival from China and tested positive for the disease on February 2. After about a two weeks’ battle with Covid-19, he was discharged on February 13. “If anyone who I know tests positive for the virus, I call them up to make them comfortable. I share my experience to provide psychological support to them. There are many who have called me up after getting my number. I try to give them confidence,” he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 22.04.2024