Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Four senior citizens fall for fake ayurvedic cure offer, lose ₹7 lakh


Four senior citizens fall for fake ayurvedic cure offer, lose ₹7 lakh

 - The Times Of India

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bengaluru:

Four senior citizens have approached Tilaknagar police alleging nine persons, including self-proclaimed ayurveda doctors, cheated them of around Rs 7 lakh on the pretext of curing their ailments.

The complaint has been filed by 72-year-old Ravi BR Anukar, a resident of Malleswaram, Murthy DR, S Eshwar Rao and Lakshmidas. Anukar, a diabetic who was suffering from leg pain, said he met prime accused Ramesh outside an orthopaedic centre in Jayanagar on September 27, 2020.

“Standing outside the centre, we were discussing our health status with others. A man —Ramesh—approached us and said his elder brother Seetaram works with Dhanvantari Ayurvedic in Rajajinagar and claimed our ailments would be cured. The next day, I accompanied him to the clinic and met three doctors; Kalloli Bagalakoti, Shivanand K and Deepak. Ramesh introduced me to the clinic staff,” Anukar stated.

“The doctors said it would cost Rs 2.6 lakh to cure me. When I asked why the amount was so huge, they promised to pay back 80 per cent if I wasn’t satisfied with the treatment. I transferred Rs 2.5 lakh to their account and made a cash payment of Rs 9,860 towards registration fees. They gave me medicines, but I didn’t notice any improvement in my health. When I visited the clinic again, it was closed. I realised I had been cheated along with many others like Murthy who paid Rs 83,000, Rao who paid Rs 3 lakh and Lakshmidas Rs 27,000,” it added.

Police said they have to collect more details about the accused. “They gave some herbal medicines and oils to the victims. They have switched off their mobiles. We have some CCTV footage of their movement near the clinic. Their bank account could help us in tracing them,” an officer said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 20.09.2024