Friday, February 5, 2021

Without his hero, Vijayakant look-alike begins campaign

Without his hero, Vijayakant look-alike begins campaign

MT.Saju@timesgroup.com

Chennai:05.02.2021 

For two decades Kumar has been better known for hissobriquet ‘Vijayakant’ ashe dresses up like the DMDK chief Vijayakant. But for the past two years he has not seen his hero due to the latter’s ill health. A week ago, Kumar, began his campaign starting with a photoshoot with Captain’s (as Vijayakant is fondly called) wife and DMDK treasurer Premalatha. He believes if Anni (Premalatha) finds a good alliance in theforthcoming election,the party will fare well.

“Captain is not active asearlier, but that doesn’t spoil the charm. I will remain a look-alike of him forever. I will campaign for him in the forthcoming elections. I hope Premalatha will lead the party well,” said Kumar, who has incorporated elements from Captain’s personal sartorial style to complete his avatar.

“Earlier, I used to follow his style based on the movies that he acted in. Now, I have changed it. I have started wearing dark sunglasses that Captain usesthesedays.There aresome changes in the ways he dresses that I have incorporated,” said Kumar, a theatre artist from Namakkal. Kumar can imitate Captain’s voice, gestures and mannerisms. Kumar was an MGR-Rajini fan, when his friends told him that he looked like Vijayakant, he didn’t take it seriously. But slowly he too started to see the similarities.

Kumar said he would plan his campaign programmes after consulting DMDK leaders. “I am waiting for the dates of the election to be declared. For me,Captain is my god.Iwilltravel across TN as a look-alike for Captain,” said the 48-year-old.


STANDING IN: Kumar ‘Vijayakant’ with Premalatha

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 20.09.2024