Sunday, February 3, 2019

Man loses two cars in one year from same spot

NEW DELHI, FEBRUARY 03, 2019 00:00 IST



The second car which was stolen on Thursday.Special Arrangement

Thefts took place amid high-security arrangements: victim

In a crime involving too many coincidences, a businessman’s new SUV got stolen on Thursday from the same parking lot where his old SUV was lifted from around a year ago.

Pawan Gupta (40), who runs an event management business and lives with his family in Mandawali, said his old SUV was stolen amid high-security around Republic Day last year.

In April 2018, he bought the same model of the car again, which he had parked at the same spot on Wednesday morning and saw it for the last time at night.

“I had to go to my mother’s house nearby. I was about to leave around 7 a.m., when I realised my car was gone,” he said.

FIR difficulties

The victim called the police and informed them about the incident on Thursday.

They asked him to visit Mandawali police station. The officer at the station, however, told him to report it online. “Their server was down the whole day and I could not register. On Friday, I went to the police station again and got the FIR registered online,” he said.

Mr. Gupta said he was told that he would get a message regarding the investigating officer of the case, but has not received one yet.

Mr. Gupta also claimed that the matter was hardly investigated into last year, but that he had received an order from the court after which his claim was passed. “The attitude of the police towards the case was extremely callous last year,” he alleged.

The victim alleged that the theft was committed despite regular police patrol in the area. “Every night, the police patrol our area and still thieves are managing to flee with cars. Recently, another car was stolen in the area,” he claimed.

The victim said that his colony has a security guard, but he does not show up regularly.

“I don’t know whether I should buy another car or not. I have also started to wonder if I should change my house,” Mr. Gupta said.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Jasmeet Singh said, “We are scanning CCTV footage of the area to ascertain the identity of the accused. We will also see what went into the investigation last year.”

I don’t know whether I should buy another car or not. I have also started to wonder if I should change my house

Pawan Gupta

Car owner

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 30.09.2024