Wednesday, October 17, 2018

#MeToo gathers storm in K’wood: Director Susi Ganesan too named

17.10.2018 Times of India 
Chennai: With the #Metoo movement gaining momentum,Tamil poetess and filmmaker Leena Manimekalai on Tuesday alleged that film director Susi Ganesan locked her in his car about 13 years ago and threatened her to accompany him to his apartment.

However the director trashed the charges, terming them as “outright, false and libellous,” adding he has filed a police complaint to prevent Manimekalai from spreading “slanderous” content in the social media. “I will be filing both civil and criminal defamation cases against her in court,” he said.

The accusation comes days after singer Chinmayi Sripaada accused lyricist Vairamuthu of misconduct days ago. The lyricist had denied the allegation.

Leena in a tweet said, “I am gathering courage to write more of my experiences. Let me start with this. Film director who locked me up in the car when I started as a television anchor is Susi Ganesan. Hope more voices join me to be heard. #metoo.”

She also gave a link to her February 20, 2017 Facebook post in which she had narrated her alleged ordeal, without naming the director. AGENCIES

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 2.5.2024