Friday, November 23, 2018

Denied hall ticket, student hangs himself

TNN | Nov 22, 2018, 10.54 AM IST

BENGALURU: A 20-year-old student committed suicide by hanging himself at his JJ Nagar resdience, west Bengaluru, on Sunday night after his college allegedly denied him an exam hall ticket.

The deceased was Shreyas Nandan, a third-year bachelor of computer applications (BCA) student at a private college in north Bengaluru.

JJ Nagar Police said Nandan left a suicide note, where he said, “I was unable to submit some assignments as part of my internal examination and failed to get admission ticket for the examination due to shortage of attendance. I was asked to pay Rs 7,500 as fine for the attendance shortage in order to get a permit to write the examination. But I was not ready to pay fine and tried to convince my class teacher and college. I had genuine reasons for skipping classes. But, they were not ready to listen to me.”

Nandan, in the three-page death note, alleged that his biggest mistake in life was to join the college. He has also apologised to his grandmother and mother. “I am sorry. I have to leave. I am done. I give up,” police said, quoting the concluding sentence of the death note.

Police said his parents did not make any allegations against the college and said the institution had followed rules and regulations in Nandan’s case. Police have registered a case of unnatural death. Nandan’s body was handed over to the family after autopsy at Victoria Hospital on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEET PG 2024 Exam Pattern REVISED, NMC Issues Official Notice; Here’s All You Need To Know

NEET PG 2024 Exam Pattern REVISED, NMC Issues Official Notice; Here’s All You Need To Know The NEET PG 2024 is scheduled to take place on Ju...