Friday, November 10, 2017

This doc is always ready for TT


By Thushara Ann Mathew  |  Express News Service  |   Published: 08th November 2017 10:32 PM  |  

CHENNAI: With over 15 years of experience in cosmetic and plastic surgery, Dr M Rajkumar is not an unknown name in his field. It was his father’s dream of setting up a hospital that he set out to fulfil, when Dr Rajkumar built GMR Hospital in. A man of very few words, the doctor’s passion towards medicine is evident in the way he doesn’t elaborate on what he does. CE caught up with the Dr M Rajkumar, MD, GMR Hospital(Mogappair and Anna Nagar), between his busy schedules. Excerpts follow:
You followed your father’s dreams, but did you always want to become a doctor?
Photo: P Jawahar
Honestly, I thought I would end up becoming an engineer. That’s what I wanted to study. I loved mathematics and would sit and solve problems and wanted to learn more. But then I wanted to fulfil my father’s dream, he always wanted to set up a hospital and wished to see me as a doctor, and serving people. And I did my duty and fulfilled his vision and am extremely happy to have taken this route
As a child, were you more into sports or cultural activities? Do you still follow that passion?
In school, I used to play a lot of sports mostly. I loved to play different games, and was especially fascinated by Table Tennis. I even went on to play at district level. I still have a passion for the game and manage to play whenever there is time.  
Do you have any fears or phobias?
I wouldn’t call it a phobia I guess, but I am extremely scared of cats and really am not very fond of them. In fact I am not very fond of animals or pets either.
What do you love most about the city?
Although I did my schooling in Vellore, I have been in the city for over the last 25 years. Home is where the heart is, and this is home. I love almost everything about the city. The theatres, beach, old statues, its old architecture, temples...the list just goes on. It’s a beautiful city with beautiful people.
Movies or books, what would you choose?
I would choose movies any day over books. I love watching movies and especially Tamil cinema has really fascinated me always. I am a huge fan of Rajinikanth and Nayanthara
Do you watch TV serials and reality shows? What is your opinion on that?
I don’t spend time to just watch serials, but when I sit down to eat and if my mother is watching then I just see them. I am not a huge fan of reality shows, especially Big Boss. I sat down with my daughter one day to watch it, because of all the hype, but immediately got up and left because I simply did not understand the concept behind it.
You mentioned your love for travelling; tell us a bit about it?
Oh yes, we love to travel as a family and make sure to go on at least one trip every year. I have been to Europe, Sikkim, Kashmir and so on. It is just really amazing to see different places and explore their culture and food. In fact it is on my bucket list to complete a tour of India. I would love to every nook and corner of this beautiful country.  
Do you cook?
No, I cannot and don’t cook, but I love to eat (laughs). Biryani is my favourite dish and always would be hungry for a plate of it. I have tried different varieties of biryani and I love Ambur Star biriyani. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEET PG 2024 Exam Pattern REVISED, NMC Issues Official Notice; Here’s All You Need To Know

NEET PG 2024 Exam Pattern REVISED, NMC Issues Official Notice; Here’s All You Need To Know The NEET PG 2024 is scheduled to take place on Ju...