Monday, June 27, 2016

RGUHS squad member quits

RGUHS squad member quits

Published: 26th June 2016 04:40 AM
Last Updated: 26th June 2016 04:40 AM
  
BENGALURU: The inquiry committee constituted by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) in the reported malpractice case at a prime dental college in the city, had allegedly threatened the squad member who busted the mass copying racket.
Dr Kiran Kumar flying mentioned this in his message to the RGUHS vice chancellor. “I have been appointed as flying squad by RGUHS. On June 21, I have found irregularities and malpractice in Dayananda Sagar College with evidence. But I was told that I am removed from squad before I could submit my report. After media intervened, I am told I can continue as the flying squad, But now I am made to sit in GDC Bengaluru and instructed not to go to any college. I am confused whether I am flying squad or sitting squad...”
“I am instructed by the inquiry committee to inform the media that no malpractice is happening, they are filing false report favouring the college. I have no proper access to meet you personally too.” Kumar also tendered his resignation to the role as squad member. “I am now not willing to continue as a part of flying squad and kindly relieve me of the duties,” he said.
RGUHS V-C Dr KS Ravindranath said, “The inquiry committee had submitted its report and as per the report, he himself agreed that his understanding was wrong and there were no such things. I am not here to protect the interests or any college or person. If it was proved to be a centre with irregularities, I would have cancelled the exam centre immediately,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NMC task force launches online survey to assess mental health of medical students, faculty

NMC task force launches online survey to assess mental health of medical students, faculty Disability researcher Dr Satendra Singh questione...