Thursday, December 26, 2019

Former HC judge denies taking up BJP membership

26/12/2019

Further, explaining the circumstances that led to the misunderstanding, the former judge said that he had gone to the BJP meeting at Valluvar Kottam on July 6 to meet Mr. Prasad whom he knew in his personal capacity. The intention of the visit was to meet the Minister in private and discuss certain issues relating to enactment of new laws and issues revolving around welfare of advocates.

The Minister reached the venue over an hour late and BJP lawyers requested him to wait on stage until Mr. Prasad arrived.

The moment the Minister got up on stage, the public meeting began and there was no time to talk. “After he had made his speech, my name was called and I was invited to accept membership of the party, which was a total surprise for me as that was not the intention of my being at the venue of the meeting,” the communique read.

It went on to read: “I would like to make it clear that I am not a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and I have never intended to be one. However, if my name has been given the tag of a member, I would request the office-bearers of the party concerned to remove the same forthwith.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retrospective Re-Fixing Of Salary And Pension Benefits After Retirement Is Against Law: Madras High Court

Retrospective Re-Fixing Of Salary And Pension Benefits After Retirement Is Against Law: Madras High Court Upasana Sajeev 29 Apr 2024 1:30 PM...