Wednesday, February 18, 2015

World cup proving a lovely distraction for students

INDORE: School students who are also fans of cricket are facing a hard time juggling studies and watching matches. Not only students but their parents are also finding it much bothersome to curb their children's enthusiasm during this world cup season. TOI spoke to a few parents and students who are being faced with the tough decision of prioritizing.

Sangeeta Sharma, 49, said, "My son is already a poor student and to make matters worse he is a cricket fan. The cricket world cup has come like a big distraction for him. It is a very critical year for him as his 12th board exams are about to start in March. He has pleaded with me to allow him to watch the world cup so I have permitted him to watch only India matches and on the condition that he will complete his studies first".

Shruti's mother Durga Thakur, 38, said, "My daughter will only be permitted to watch matches if she will perform well in the test that I will be taking before the match. I will allow her to watch the matches only if I find her performance satisfactory".

45-year-old businessman Vinod Jain said, "It is very difficult for me to stop my son from watching the world cup matches as even I am a lover of cricket. So I had instructed my son to prepare for exams well in advance so that we could sit and watch cricket together. My son Soumy is a responsible student so I was not that worried about his studies as he manages his time well".

Reshma Manohar, mother of Yash, said, "I am very worried about my son's exams. He is very excited about the world cup but I know he will waste a lot of time watching the matches. So I have allowed him to watch the match only for one hour instead of watching the whole match and wasting an entire day".

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS TODAY 2.5.2024